We are currently looking for facilitators for workshops/webinars for this year’s Leipzig climate camp at the 06.06.2020.
Even though the current pandemic has been more effective preventing carbon emissions than any government – climate change won’t stop any time soon. So now is the time to look beyond this current phase and start preparing for system change and sustainability.
Due to the pandemic, we have been forced to bring our very beautiful and successful “real live” climate camp into a virtual reality. So on 05.-07.06., we will organize an online climate camp with podiums, workshops, dancing and hopefully political actions.
We are looking for workshops regarding:
1. Social/ecological transformation: In which ways do we have to change our society in order to prevent future crisis? How is capitalism involved, what are the most promising approaches?
2. Climate justice: Both effects of Corona and Climate change are linked to local and global structures of power and exploitation. Both effects are unequally spread around the world – marginalized people are getting hurt unproportionally. How can we simultaneously fight for global justice and a sustainable society?
3. Skill Share/Pimp my activism: Every tool and ability you can possibly think of to help us fight for a fair and sustainable world! Only to begin with: press work, digital self-defence,….
If you are interested in doing a workshop, tell us about the focus of your workshop, which interactive elements it includes and about your background (initiatives you are active in, experience with activism or online workshops) in a few lines. The earlier we get your reply, the better. Application Deadline is the 25th of May.
Your Climate Camp Leipziger Land Crew
- website: http://2020.klimacamp-leipzigerland.de
- date: 05.-07.06.2020 (Workshops mostly 06.06.)
- time slots: 11:00-13:00 and 15:30-17:30
- duration: 60-90 minutes plus 30 minutes discussion
- language: German or English
- format: Interactive video-telefonconference
- software: Jitsi-Meet
- compensation: Self-assessment (0-200€). Recommendation: people with a regular income low range/ self employed people or people without a regular income upper range